Important Links and Documents
Important Links and Documents
June is MG awareness month, please take a moment to view this video that the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America has produced.
Parking Permit Program
1111 Winnipeg Avenue
Phone no. (204) 975-3257
P.O. Box 818
Phone 1-800 277-9914
Doreen Amadatsu our Resource Chair can be reached at 888-8628 or at email@example.com for the above forms as well as a medical form which has to be filled out by their doctors. This disability will help families with young children or even those going to University. For those who are going to apply for disability from their work-place they would have to go to their "Human Resource" and if they have private disability plan they will have to fill out detailed medical history of their activities as well as how it affects their ability to work. It may take 2-3 years and you may have to go to a lawyer anyway, hopefully they may have better luck.
Dr. MW Nicolle’s PowerPoint presentation titled, Myasthenia Gravis: A Neurologist’s Perspective, is now available for viewing directly on the MGCC Website.
1) Simply log into the MGCC website: www.mgcc-ccmg.org
2) Click to the Resource Material menu,
3) Move down to Visual Presentations, and
4) Proceed to page 2.
This 55 slide presentation offers a full overview of myasthenia gravis - symptoms, treatments, etc. and an excellent visual presentation on how MG antibodies act in the body.
List of Video Tapes by Speakers for Myasthenia Gravis Manitoba Inc. - Produced by Gary Parker
(1) Myasthenia Gravis Presentation
· Dr. Andrew Gomori, Neurologist, November 8, 2001
(2) Myasthenia Gravis Presentation
· Dr. Janine Johnston, Neuro-Ophthamologist, November 14, 2002
(3) Myasthenia Gravis Presentation
· Darrel Childs, Pharmacist, March 11, 2004
(4) Myasthenia Gravis Overview Presentation
· Dr. Werner K. Ilse, Neurologist, November 11, 2004
Kyle MacNair, Pharmacist from PRISM = Prescription Information Service of Manitoba
If you are an MG patient and have an adverse affect from a certain medication it is imperative that you take the time and report it to Health Canada by phone at 1-866-234-2345 or fax 1-866-678-6789 or by e-mail at www.healthcanada.gc.ca/medeffect . Due to the small portion of the population who has MG it is critical to the next person who is prescribed that medication to be aware of the side effects. Also eventually that medication will end up on a drug card to warn other MG patients of the side effects.
FAMOUS PEOPLE WITH MG
A short list of a few famous people known or believed to have myasthenia gravis:
· Weeb Ewbank - NFL Hall of Fame & two-time Super Bowl winning coach
· Lamar Lundy - Former NFL Pro Bowl linebacker & member of the Rams' "Fearsome Foursome" defense
· Charles Nelson - Brother of Hall of Fame golfer Byron Nelson
· Lawrence Olivier - Famous actor
· Aristotle Onassis - Famous husband of Jackie Kennedy
· Lucianno Pavarotti (daughter) - Daughter of famous singer Pavarotti (name unknown)
· Suzanne Rogers - Famous 1970s and 1980s soap opera actress
· "Sleepy Dwarf" - One of the seven dwarves - believed to be modeled after a friend of Walt Disney's that had myasthenia gravis
· Phil Silvers - Actor (played Sgt. Bilko)
· Roger Smith - Famous actor and husband of famous actress Ann Margaret
It gives me great joy to share with you the links to the completed MG awareness public service (PSA) videos alerting the public and healthcare community to the recognizable symptoms of myasthenia gravis. They came out fabulously!
Myasthenia Gravis – Are You Experiencing Symptoms? (2min 53sec)
Myasthenia Gravis - Early Onset Ocular Symptoms (60sec)
HUTV will be running the long version in more than 200 medical waiting areas throughout Alberta and we are hopeful other similar medical place base networks across Canada will include one of the versions in their programming schedule. The links have also been forwarded the links to the Alberta Association of Optometrists.
We welcome everyone’s participation to distribute these video versions for inclusion on MG related web sites, through “facebook”, to share with friends and families with MG, etc.
Let’s get the message out and hopefully contribute to MG sufferers receiving a quicker diagnosis of this often unknown disease.
As you can imagine, this project was the “loving baby” of many contributors without whom this dream project would not have been possible.
On behalf of the MG Canada community we offer special thanks and MG Kudos to:
§ The folks at Grifols Canada for awarding us an unrestricted educational grant.
§ Dr. Michael Nicolle for his continued contributions as medical advisor and script editor.
§ Dr. Zaeem Siddiqi for his medical contribution participating in the filming of the video
§ Aimee Soloway and Dwight Wilson for their award winning performances as MG patients.
§ David Chittick of I nsync Communications f or his creative cinematographic touch and video production expertise.
· Thymectomy Clinic Trial for Myasthenia Gravis - ClinicalTrials.gov